I’m taking up the widespread blogging tradition of the Friday Five list. This decision has nothing to do with my long jobby-job “to do” list, or my plans to drink a bottle of wine with a friend this evening, I swear.
In no particular order, here are the five things that I think are made of AWESOME this week:
1) Hand-made Fabulousness: My very good friend, L.Anne, is making me a custom-made Booty Bag messenger bag and a Booty Buddy bag as I write this. We went shopping for the fabric yesterday.
2) DVR. Otherwise, I would never see any show. Ever.
3) Ladlessoups.com. All you can eat “homemade” soups, at least 12 varieties, for $7.95. We eat a LOT of soup. I just found out that this local phenom is franchising, so if you’re very smart and independently wealthy, you should buy a franchise. Invest in soup! Otherwise, if you’re like the rest of us, keep it in mind whenever you’re in Charleston.
4) JacksonPearce.com She’s smart, funny, and she has a lot of good information for new writers. I am somewhat addicted to her vlogs. Just go watch.
5) Good (and handy) friends. I am lucky enough to have the kind of friends who are not only handy, but willing to pitch in and help fix things when you not only can’t do it yourself, but don’t have the money to hire someone to make major repairs. One friend just dropped off his super-long ladder, and another is coming over this weekend to help us exclude the Demon Squirrels from Hell from our house for good.